Copyright: include link to this article on top of reproduction if you use it.
Are we nearing a tipping point as rapacious elites push a heavily armed populace too far?
“A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!” — Thomas Jefferson
The british are close to a “ruled” people because of their tolerance. Americans are irritated, as they have less tolerance for government bureaucrats. They are irritated because the government becomes more intrusive into their lives on a daily basis; all levels of government. By the way, cops do not protect people. They show up after the crime to write a report and pick up the pieces.
The reason we own guns is protection against an oppressive government. That is the reason the right to bear arms is written into our constitution. A perfect example is the gentleman in England who found a shotgun in his back yard and turned it in to police and now faces a mandatory five years in prison just for having the shotgun in his hands. This type of oppression can never happen in the United States because the Government rightfully fears what the people would do to them.
15 Signs American Society Is Coming Apart at the Seams
By David DeGraw, Amped Status. Posted November 21, 2009.
Editor’s note: The following is an edited excerpt from the Amped Status report, “The Critical Unraveling of U.S. Society.”
The economic elite have launched an attack on the U.S. public and society is unraveling at an increased rate. You may have missed it in the mainstream news media, but statistical societal indicators are reading red across the board. Let’s look at the top 15 statistics that prove we are under attack.
1) The inequality of wealth in the United States is soaring to an unprecedented level. The U.S. already had the highest inequality of wealth in the industrialized world prior to the financial crisis. Since the crisis, which has hit the middle class and poor much harder than the top 1 percent, the gap between the top 1 percent and the remaining 99 percent of the U.S. population has grown to a record high.
2) As the stock market went over the 10,000 mark and just surged to a 13-month high, the three big banks that took taxpayer money and benefited the most from the government bailout have just set a new global economic record by issuing $30 billion in annual bonuses this year, “up 60 percent from last year.” Bloomberg reported: “Goldman Sachs, the most profitable securities firm in Wall Street history, had a record profit in the first nine months of this year and set aside $16.7 billion for compensation expenses.” Goldman Sachs is on pace for the best year in the firm’s history, and it is also benefiting by only paying 1 percent in taxes.
3) The profits of the economic elite are “now underwritten by taxpayers with $23.7 trillion worth of national wealth.”
As the looting is occurring at the top, the U.S. middle class is just beginning to collapse.
4) Workers between the ages of 55 to 60, who have worked for 20 to 29 years, have lost an average of 25 percent off their 401k. During the same time period, the wealth of the 400 richest Americans went up by $30 billion, bringing their total combined wealth to $1.57 trillion.
5) Home foreclosure filings “hit a record high in the third quarter (of 2009)… They were the worst three months of all time… 937,840 homes received a foreclosure letter” in this three-month period; “3.4 million homes are expected to enter foreclosure by year’s end, with some experts estimating that next year will be even worse.”
President Obama has enacted a $75 billion taxpayer funded program that has been a spectacular failure in stemming the foreclosure crisis and has proven to be another massive waste of billions of taxpayer dollars.
6) 25 million people are unemployed or underemployed.
This means we have 25 million people who urgently need to increase their income, and they’re quickly running out of options. The unemployment rate is expected to rise further and remain high for several years. “The president’s chief economic adviser warned that the nation’s unemployment rate could stay ‘unacceptably high’ for years to come.”
You can read more of the 15 points from Alternet.Org
Citizens start arming themselves to protect their homes and families.
Updated: Nov 20, 2009 08:27 PM
NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV – In the last several months gun sales are going up. Store owners say people are arming up to protect themselves.
According to the North Las Vegas Police Department, in just that three months 22 burglaries occurred in a one mile radius from where Officer Nettleton was killed.
Gun sellers say they now have customers coming in daily who’ve never even thought of shooting a gun before and now they want to own one.
“With the increase in crime and the instability outside your door…I can see where people feel more and more necessary to protect themselves because you don’t know how soon law enforcement can come to your assistance,” gun owner, Leonard Cola, says.
You can read more at KTNV.com
Pistols, Tasers, assault rifles sell fast at US show
By Virginie Montet (AFP)
CHANTILLY, Virginia — Recession-stoked fears of rising crime and tougher gun laws under a Democratic government are sending US gun sales sky high, and big crowds at the Chantilly Gun Show this weekend proved it once again.
“Do you see the line all around the building and in the back,” asked Annette Elliott, co-organizer of one of the top gun shows in Virginia, a conservative state with rather liberal gun laws.
Several hundred people thronged the gun show in the Washington suburb of Chantilly, where some 260 retailers have set up stalls hung with ready-to-fire Smith and Wessons, Glocks, Walthers, Colts and Berettas.
“We’ve had a huge increase in sales since last October,” 2008 just before President Barack Obama was elected. “Well over 200 percent. It’s coming back,” said Jerry Cochran, owner of his eponymous major gun retailing firm in the state.
He hopes to sell 500 weapons at the gun show this weekend.
Elliott expects as many as 12,000 people will turn up at the three-day gun fair.
In a state where you can wear a loaded weapon on your belt as long as it’s in full sight, or a concealed one with a permit, handguns and semi-automatic assault rifles are openly sold to residents after a customary spot check for criminal records.
A questionnaire must also be filled out asking whether the prospective buyer has been convicted of any crime, is an illegal immigrant or is “subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking… an intimate partner.”
Worries that Obama Democrats will toughen gun ownership laws, an increase in hunting and fears of recession-driven crime have sent gun sales soaring 30 percent in the first three months of the year, according to Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) gun permit statistics.
In September, gun sales rose 12.4 percent, or more than 100,000 new firearms per month. In 2009, gun sales are expected to reach 13.5 million, compared to 12.7 million in the preceding year, FBI monthly estimates said.
“Basically we have a perfect storm in the firearm industry,” said Elliott. “We have the most anti-gun president ever in the United States, Obama. And we have a recession going on right now. During economic crises, you know crime goes up.”
You can read the rest of the story at AFP
- 11 Signs US Economy in Toilet“It was the greatest party in the history of the world, but now the party is over. The following are 11 signs from just this past month that show that...
- Bank of America loses 2.2 billion; Depression guaranteed says analystsIf you need an iron clad guarantee stronger than Maytag Corporation’s guarantee on their washers, you won’t find a better one than the promise of a new depression and economic...
- 14 bad signs for the North American economyOur world has changed and most do not realize it. Money, the almighty purveyor of our well-being has absolutely no value unless someone says it does. It used to be...
- Foreclosures: Worst 3 months of all timeThe fact is that many of these mortgages, people would never have been qualified for a $ 200 to 400K loan. These owners are too deep in water and even...
- Bank of America halts foreclosure sales across the US“We will stop foreclosure sales until our assessment has been satisfactorily completed. Our ongoing assessment shows the basis for foreclosure decisions are accurate. We continue to serve the interests of...
- 4 sure signs that deflation is here for yearsHere’s a real unconventional idea. Have economic policy that allow for the wealth of the nation to be accessible to all who work. Instead of the present unidirectional movement of...
This entry was posted on Monday, November 23rd, 2009 at 10:58 am and is filed under North America. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.