Copyright: include link to this article on top of reproduction if you use it.
“When asked whether the hirings are a gamble based on the state of the economy, Marchionne smiled and said: “Don’t be so skeptical. It’s a good day. Enjoy it.” — Fiat Head
Chrysler Group LLC gave a big boost to the battered Michigan economy Friday when it announced plans to add about 1,100 workers to help build the new Jeep Grand Cherokee.
While this is good news for Michigan, there’s an important reason all those big foreign car companies opened manufacturing plants in the South: free of unions and paying slave wages, along with donating heavily to the political party of the day who want to ensure the rich pay no taxes, while the poor make products they will never afford. 14 bucks an hour does not even feed a family these days. How can anyone buy a house and educate their children on those wages?
That reason is they opened those factories in economically depressed areas of the States and and hired people whose idea of grand living is having enough money to pay the mortgage and hookup fees on their Winnebago, pay three or four rounds of alimony and get hammered on Jack’s at every occasion. They pay peanuts to people who get to feel like shopping at “Rent to own” is fantastic, because rent-to-own suits their “busy lifestyle.” While it’s depressing to see Chrysler hiring cut-rate employees, it’s good news to hear Chrysler is hiring at all.
” The company made the announcement at a Detroit factory as it celebrated the start of Grand Cherokee production. Chrysler said it expects strong sales of the new sport utility vehicle, which is due in showrooms next month. Almost all the workers will be new hires, which Chrysler can pay about $14 per hour, about half the hourly rate received by current workers represented by the United Auto Workers union.” Yahoo News
They can snub $14 per hour all they want to, but alot of people in states like North Carolina, Tennessee, and Mississippi, where unemployment is 11-14%, would be proud to do the job, and they would do it better that they do it in Detroit. Workers in the South are fully accustomed to making far less money that their yankee counterparts, and live much happier lives without being under the thumb of a union. In a way, the northern states have done it to themselves. Most automobiles built in America are Southern made now. The foreign companies didn’t come to Michigan, New York, or Illinois to have their cars built. They came to South Carolina (BMW), Tennessee (Nissan, Volkswagen), Georgia (Kia), Alabama (Mercedes, Hyaundai), and Kentucky (Toyota), and the list goes on. The South now has the biggest steel mills, shipyards, banks, and retailers.
Blame companies all you want. The Government takes a huge chunk of individual earners’ wages. So, don’t blame business, blame the Government with their taxes and regulations; taxes on everything you buy, taxes on your pay check. They even tax you when you make a private sale of a car, something they’ve already taxed and are taxing for the second time.
It is amazing that people whine when they think it’s corporations stealing all their money. To refute that, look at your pay check. Someone is blatantly stealing your money and pissing it away every day of every year. It’s amazing that so many people are outraged over companies. This is a fallacious argument because the people that allow companies to even exist is the Government. Your issue is with them!
“The stated plan was that different parts of the world would be assigned different roles of industry and commerce in a unified global system. The continued preeminence of the United States and the relative independence and self-sufficiency of the United States would have to be changed… in order to create a new structure, you first have to tear down the old, and American industry was one example of that. Each part of the world will have a specialty and thus become inter-dependent, he said. The US will remain a center for agriculture, high tech, communications, and education but heavy industry would be “transported out.” Dr. Richard Day to a meeting in March 1969 that American industry will be sabotaged and shown to be uncompetitive
“Washington is doing everything in their manpower, capability, to destroy U.S. manufacturing,” Farr said today in Chicago.
Many of these people who support the down fall of their own economy do not have a clue that they are next. Instead of bringing their standard of living up, the minority want to destroy our standards while the rich laugh thankfully at their ignorant employees in their blind lazy jealousy. There are the useless jobs such as banking, speculators , insurance, many forms of computer programming, and service industry jobs that produce no real things to be exported. Maybe one day people will realize how bad they screwed their kids with their stupidity about being jealous of the hard working and useful and productive industrial complex which is the foundation of any super power.
It is too bad many people think it is okay to destroy the middle class who work for a living in a job that actually produces something that people need and pays taxes for the welfare state. It is Shameful but no suprise as it fits the new school system of disrespect and complete fabrication forming a western jousrnalism full of capitalist political corrupt ideologies replacing world facts, and owned by a minority rich.
- Is China to blame for the coming depression?Mr Obama, debt is the problem, not China. The American government debt is well over $50,000 per American citizen (unofficially it’s in the 100,000’s per person). Western governments seem to...
- Thousands of auto dealership jobs on the chopping blockIt would really be surprising if this bailout does not place atop the list of all time poor public expenditure policies. There are just so many reasons the bail out...
- US VP Biden Confirms USA entered depressionBut the problem is particularly acute in Michigan, which has lost 231,000 auto and parts manufacturing jobs. That is 72 percent of the 320,600 auto-related manufacturing jobs the state had...
- Steve Wynn Schools Jennifer Granholm on How to Create JobsBEGIN TRANSCRIPT RUSH: Steve Wynn on Fox News Sunday was interviewed by Chris Wallace. He’s the CEO of Wynn Resorts in Las Vegas. He’s also on with Jennifer Granholm, the...
- U.S. states slashing thousands of jobs; Illinois worse off than California?We`re going to see many states across the country specifically california dealing with rosy predictions and forecasts brought by the govt. They said the economy was going to rise to...
- Obama Loses 2016 Olympics, 5 Million American JobsLooks like Obama is going to have a lot of explaining to do… By LaRouche Political Action Committee Excerpt Obama is in full retreat from Copenhagen. “Everything is going wrong...
This entry was posted on Monday, May 24th, 2010 at 12:21 pm and is filed under Deindustrialization. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.