Copyright: include link to this article on top of reproduction if you use it.
January 10, 2010
The White House Stands Behind Geithner, Says Tim Was Not Involved In AIG Email Fiasco is the headline of a recent post at Zero Hedge. Barack Obama is standing behind Tim Geithner. I remain unconvinced.
This is the second time Secretary Geithner has done his “A Few Good Men” routine; and, judging from the uniformly negative response, it is another “deeply unpopular, deeply hard to understand” thing.
All of this is a bit cryptic. We deserve to know more as to why the Fed specifically wanted AIG’s synthetic CDO structures not to be revealed to the public and what role Tim Geithner specifically played in this incident. Was he involved in keeping the 100 cents on the dollar payments from the public?
Secretary, I have just one more question. If you gave an order that synthetic CDO structures weren’t to be discussed because they were irrelevant and your orders are always followed, then why were relevant bits of information crossed off on this memo?
Note that there should be no discussion or suggestion that AIG and the NY Fed are asking to structure anything else at this point.
Given that the disclosure describes the key amendment (i.e, updating the schedule to reflect the additional $ exposure, is filing the amendment necessary or helpful?
-Handwritten note on document from late December 2008 discussing why not to reveal more details of the “Shortfall Agreement” at AIG.
I want the truth!
You can’t handle the truth!
- House panel wants Geithner to testify about New York Fed and AIGBrady Dennis Washington Post January 10, 2010 The chairman of the House oversight committee turned the spotlight Friday once again on the government’s much-maligned bailout of American International Group, saying...
- Federal Reserve Secretary Geithner asked to resign“The public has lost all confidence in your ability to the do the job, and it is reflecting on your president.” Geithner and his Wall Street government insiders know exactly...
- Chants for Geithner’s head on platter get louder“Tim Geithner has outlived his usefulness. He is too connected to the bailouts of ’08. Bear, Lehman, AIG, TARP and even QE are all part of his legacy. That makes...
- Geithner admits USA bankrupt to US Senate“Never in our history has Congress failed to increase the debt limit when necessary. Failure to raise the limit would precipitate a default by the United States. Default would effectively...
- The real truth about the unemployment rate“A true labor market depression faced those in the bottom…of the income distribution; a deep labor market recession prevailed among those in the middle of the distribution, and close to...
- Hindenburg Omen & Truth about the Fed’s manipulation of marketsThomas Hoenig said Friday that interest rates near zero were “a dangerous gamble” in a period of moderate growth. Meanwhile, the Hindenburg Omen creator pulled entirely out of the stock...
This entry was posted on Sunday, January 10th, 2010 at 11:35 am and is filed under Survival Tips. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.