By Matthew Wells BBC News, Detroit Could growing fresh vegetables help save crumbling inner cities around the world and tackle hunger? Putting in the spade-work at one of the charity’s gardens That is the ambitious aim of a charity called Urban Farming, which has its headquarters in Detroit, the capital of the US’s wilting car [...]
- Real list of countries on verge of bankruptcy
- Reasons why Brazil's economy is booming
- US, world headed for 25 year depression: Jim Rickards
- Fifteen signs America is falling apart; Citizens start arming themselves
- Want to be rich? Work for the public sector!
- Comparing today's recession/depression to the 1980 recession
- Libya's civil war: can world survive $200+ oil?
- Respected economist predicts US hyperinflation for 2011
- World economies on verge of currency revaluations to deal with debt
- Service economy & fallacy of wealth distribution
- 20 Reasons The US Will Never Recover & Why
- Letter To Barack Obama From 95 Year Old WW2 Veteran
- Private military contractors taking over Detroit
- Multiculturalism attempt to destroy national identity: UK sp...
- World economies on verge of currency revaluations to deal wi...
Poor countries are still reeling from the impact of high grain prices, which doubled at the height of the food crisis. Although prices have declined somewhat in real terms, they remain 17 percent higher than two years ago, according to the FAO report. The FAO report said that the recession was still growing, but it [...]
Measuring unemployment is an art which can lead to highly variable rates. Unsurprisingly, the U.S. government uses a method that excludes millions of Americans who seek employment. The lower rate is often used to prove that the American economic system is superior to those in Europe where their unemployment rates are attributable to unions and [...]
Drop in foreclosures called ‘very scary’ Lenders’ actions show they think properties are not worth pursuing. By Ken McCall, Staff Writer 9:00 PM Saturday, October 17, 2009 Nobody is sure exactly how many bank walkaways are occurring. For various reasons, they can’t be identified in searches of public real estate and court data without individually [...]
In recent days, there have been a number of articles in the media about the steady decline of the U.S. dollar against the price of gold and other currencies. As many economists have foreseen the possibility of the dollar’s decline against other currencies for some time, most do not understand the importance of this. Some [...]
If people thought the last Great Depression was the worst humanity has ever seen, readers had better wake up and open their eyes. Indeed, most of humanity has forgotten the worst depression on record 650 years ago when the Black Death, or Bubonic Plague was spreading like wildfire along with wars. In an eerily reminiscent [...]
Kimberly Hayes Taylor / The Detroit News Imani Abba got choked up Friday as she purchased fruits and vegetables from a delivery truck. “We don’t have to go to the liquor stores and get dried-up vegetables,” said the 54-year-old Detroiter, while taking strawberries, bananas and grapes her excited daughters, granddaughters and great-granddaughter handed off. “For [...]
Please spread this website by copying this code into your site or myspace
|Today's Gas Prices|